- Be sure to attend your Area Fall Rally
- Get your group setup for the 2023 Fall Leadership Summit
- Review the 23-24 FCCLA Kickoff document
- Email Patrick Your Chapter Officer(s)
9-11 Day of Service Resources
9-11 Day of service is just around the corner! We encourage chapters to do projects all month long but doing them on 9-11 always packs extra impact for students. Our State Officer team has given some examples and direction for doing one of their top four 9-11 Service Project Ideas and have made available for chapters a Service Project Guidelines document to walk you through the process.
- Service Project Guidelines
- 9-11 Service Project Ideas
- Writing Letters to Vets and Active Service Members
- Hygiene Drive
- Tie Blankets
- Sidewalk Chalk Words of Encouragement for First Responders
We have a series of upcoming webinars for prospective and new advisers. If you are newer to being an FCCLA adviser, or just want a refresher, please stop by. If you are an experienced advisor, reach out to Patrick and drop in if you can to offer advice and insights to others. Connect with Patrick, [email protected] or 612-405-2486. *Abbreviated recordings covering this information will be made available soon
Intro to Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America
Tuesday, August 22 @ 10am-11am Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/3952025815 Meeting ID: 395 202 5815 Find your local Call in number: https://zoom.us/u/ab0Oyh1PR1
Come to learn all about FCCLA. From the impact it has on students to the seamless ways it can be integrated into the classroom. This zoom session will provide a helpful overview of what FCCLA is and why you should get involved.
Getting Support to Start an FCCLA Chapter and Building Your Group
Wednesday, August 23 @ 10am-11am Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/3952025815 Meeting ID: 395 202 5815 Find your local Call in number: https://zoom.us/u/ab0Oyh1PR1
Join this session for insights on getting support from consortiums, school administrators, students, and the larger community. We will also discuss different ways to build your group from integrating projects into the classroom, attending statewide leadership events and doing community-based projects.
Affiliating as a New Chapter, How to Join
Thursday, August 24 @ 10am-11am Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/3952025815 Meeting ID: 395 202 5815 Find your local Call in number: https://zoom.us/u/ab0Oyh1PR1
At this session we will discuss the different membership options and look at the FCCLA portal. We will review the process to affiliate and explore the resources available once you do.
Reminder to return your Blazer Rentals from NLC
- Click here to rent jackets from the State’s inventory of jackets
- Cost will be $20 for an NLC only rental, $40 for the year and an additional $15 if shipping is required
- Delegates can also purchase their own official jacket here for $59
- A good deal for underclassmen or people who want the ultimate leadership keepsake
Callout for Jackets!
We have had a couple of unusual years and with that our inventory of Blazers has dwindled. In the past we have charged chapters for those missing jackets but with our lower inventory we are accepting any red blazers you may have from any year, no questions asked. Please look and and ask around for these and send them to Patrick at the address below by Friday May 19th:
2030 Stanford Ave
Saint Paul, MN 55105
SAY YES TO FACS WORKSHOP AND LESSON PLANS
- Download: Activity- Original Handout-FACS Colleges and Scholarships-Say yes to facs workshop
- Download: list of FACS ED colleges
- Download: FACS Reality Check
- Download: FCS_Ed_Career_Fact_Sheet