Promote personal growth and leadership development through family and consumer sciences education, focusing on the multiple roles of family member, wage earner, and community leader.
Members develop skills for life through:
- Character development;
- Creative and critical thinking;
- Interpersonal communications;
- Practical knowledge; and
- Career and technical preparation
Purposes of FCCLA
- To provide opportunities for personal development and preparation for adult life.
- To strengthen the function of the family as the basic unit of society.
- To encourage democracy through cooperative action in the home and family.
- To encourage individual and group involvement in helping achieve global cooperation and harmony.
- To institute greater understanding between youth and adults.
- To provide opportunities for making decisions and for assuming responsibilities.
- To prepare for the multiple roles of men and women in today’s society.
- To develop interest in family and consumer sciences, family and consumers science careers and related occupations.