Family, Career and Community Leaders of America is a nonprofit national career and technical student organization for young men and women in Family and Consumer Sciences education in public and private school through grade 12.
- Character development
- Creative and critical thinking
- Interpersonal communication
- Practical knowledge
- Career preparation
- To provide opportunities for personal development and preparation for adult life
- To strengthen the function of the family as a basic unit of society
- To encourage democracy through cooperative action in the home and community
- To encourage individual and group involvement in helping achieve global cooperation and harmony
- To promote greater understanding between youth and adults
- To provide opportunities for making decisions and for assuming responsibilities.
- To prepare for the multiple roles of men and women in today’s society
- To promote Family and Consumer Sciences and related occupations
Our Core Values are: Leadership-To provide opportunity for youth to learn how to be an effective leader through positive youth development strategies. Character-Encourage further development of positive character traits such as honesty, integrity, fair play and determination. Diversity-Create an inclusive environment that welcomes and values all youth. Excellence-Teach youth the value of pursuing their full potential in all areas of their lives. Teamwork-Support individual growth while working with others towards a common goal.