IS YOUR CHAPTER GROWING BY 7 or MORE MEMBERS?
There are only a couple of months until our 7-up highlighter party at State Conference 2017! You and your chapter want to meet the requirements to attend this exciting event. It is being held on Thursday at State Conference and you don’t want to miss it.
The 7-up highlighter party is a great way to network with new people and have a fun time. Some ways to increase you membership and meet the requirements include:
Make a social media site that talks about you chapter in FCCLA using platforms like:
- Make a website
- Form a membership committee
- Keep all of your meetings fun!
Challenge your chapter’s current members to bring at least one new friend to the meeting
Using these types of recruiting methods will help you and you chapter obtain the 7-up challenge.
(See page 28 of the MN FCCLA Mini Handbook for details.)
- Increase your chapter membership by seven more members from the previous year’s membership.
- Have 33% or more of your student Body involved in FCCLA. advisers must notify the state office by March 1st.
- Retain your membership at last year’s number and you can purchase tickets for $5.00 per member. Retaining members must have a minimum of 12 members and register by March 1st.
Written by State President Elect Mya Christensen.