Build Career Skills Using Your STAR Event Success.
Here are some tips to polish your events. Being a polished presenter will be an important career skill for you. The number one fear is public speaking. So if you can conquer your fear, you will be farther ahead to get the job you desire. Many jobs require you to do research, plan, work with others and speak.
Follow event rules carefully in category rubric.
- Once your project is completed, go over all rules and regulations to make sure you have all that is required.
- Plan a project that you have interest in.
- Ask questions frequently if you do not understand!
- Involve families and community members as much as possible.
- Memorize your presentation.
- Dress for success.
- Practice your project often, present to anyone who will.