Minnesota FCCLA members: 35 Gold, 50 Silver and 20 Bronze medals in National FCCLA competitions in Nashville, Tennessee.
The following 21 students placed in the top 10 in the nation in their event categories. Two were the best in the nation!
Over 7600 attended the National Conference in Nashville, Tennessee July 2-7.
Placing top in the nation were:
- #1 Career Investigation- Spring Lake Park HS
- #1 Entrepreneurship- Minnesota HS
Placing the top 5 in the nation were:
- # 3 Environmental Ambassador Jr-Wheaton HS
- #4 Chapter in Review Sr- Kasson-Mantorville HS
- #4 Digital Stories for Change-Pine Island Sr
- #4 Focus on Children Senior-Cambridge-Isanti HS
- #4 Life Event Planning Sr- Wheaton
- #4 Natl Programs in Action Jr-Wheaton
- #5 Job Interview Sr- Lanesboro
Placing in the top 10 were:
- #6 Sports Nutrition Jr-Kasson- Mantorville
- #7 Chapter in Review Display-Jr- Wheaton
- #8 Chapter in Review Portfolio-Jr- Herman Norcross
- #8 Leadership Sr- Goodhue
- #8 Promote and Publicize Sr- Pine Island Sr
- #9 Teach and Train Jr-Osakis
Congratulations to these students and chapters on their accomplishments!
STAR Events (Students Taking Action with Recognition) are assessments that recognize members for proficiency and achievement in chapter and individual projects, leadership skills and career preparation. Competitive events provide opportunities to showcase college and career-ready knowledge, skills and abilities; promote FCCLA chapter as an integral part of the Family and Consumer Sciences education program and connect members with peers and the community.