helps members learn to make informed, responsible choices for their physical and mental health while also providing opportunities to teach others. The teen years are an ideal time to establish healthy attitudes and habits to last a lifetime, which is why Student Body gives members the facts and incentives they need to build a healthy body.
The FCCLA Student Body national peer education program helps young people learn to eat right, be fit, and make healthy choices. Its goals are to: help
young people make informed, responsible decisions about their health, provide youth opportunities to teach others, and develop healthy lifestyles, as well as communication and leadership skills.
The teen years are an ideal time to establish healthy attitudes and habits to last a lifetime. Unfortunately, many of our youth are not physically fit, have poor eating habits, and are often bothered by a lack of self-esteem. Student Body gives teens the facts and incentives they need to build a healthy body, both today and in the future.
Student Body Units
- The Healthy You – Empowering teens to make wise food and lifestyle choices
- The Fit You – Empowering teens to take charge of their health and their level of fitness
- The Real You – Empowering teens to maintain positive mental health
- The Resilient You – Empowering teens to live in ways that build emotional health
FCCLA offers national recognition to chapters that complete Student Body projects. This honor includes
cash awards and special recognition at the National Leadership Conference, online, and in Teen Times
magazine for the top chapters. Chapters apply online for recognition for their hard work and innovative projects with the National Student Body Program Award
Student Body cash awards
High School Award — $1,000
Middle School Award — $1,000
Runner-Up Award — $500
Deadline: Award Applications must be submitted online
by March 2. The online award system will automatically
close March 2, 5:00 PM EST.
Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids, www.tobaccofreekids.org
Family Dinner Project, www.familydinnerproject.org
Home Baking Association, www.homebaking.org
Need help brainstorming project ideas?
- Participate in the Taking Down Tobacco initiative
- Strengthen families with FCCLA @ The Table
- Think it through with the FCCLA Planning Process Template
- Explore the following STAR Events:
- Sustainability Challenge
- Focus On Children
- Food Innovations
- Professional Presentations
- Nutrition and Wellness
- Sports Nutrition
- Digital Stories For Change