YOU KNOW THE ISSUES. YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE! USE YOUR VOICE TO ASSESS, EDUCATE AND ADVOCATE!
What is the Stand Up National Program?
The FCCLA Stand Up national peer education program guides members to develop, plan, carry out,and evaluate advocacy activities to improve the quality of life in heir communities. Members develop their voice to make a positive impact. Through their projects, members experience character development and improve their critical and creative thinking, interpersonal communication, leadership, practical knowledge, and career preparation. Members learn more abut how to assess current needs, how to educate others regarding concerns, and how to advocate so that they can make a difference.
3 topic areas
The goals of the program are to:
- help members build skills for family, career and community roles.
- provide member-created advocacy experiences related to Family and Consumer Sciences Education.
- encourage members to develop positive character traits of trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship.
- provide member with an opportunity to develop communication and leadership skills by being peer educators and community partners.
- Tobacco prevention, including vaping.
- Suicide prevention
- Workplace safety
- Diversity and inclusion
- Civil conversations
- Bullying prevention
- Online safety
- School violence prevention
- Mental health, understanding emotions
- Self care
FCCLA offers national recognition to chapters that complete Stand Up projects. This honor includes cash awards and special recognition at the National Leadership Conference, online, and in Teen Times magazine for the top chapters. Chapters apply online for recognition for their hard work and innovative projects with the national Stand Up Program Award. Application available in the FCCLA national membership portal.
Stand Up cash awards
High School Award — $1,000
Middle School Award — $1,000
Runner-Up Award — $500
Deadline: Award Applications must be submitted online
by March 1. The online award system will automatically
close March 1, 5:00 PM EST.
- CareerSafe Online, provide high school students with the education, awareness, and resources it takes to stay safe while on the job and in the digital world. www.careersafeonline.com
• Growth Energy, serves as the leading source of information for consumers seeking cleaner, more affordable fueling options. https://growthenergy.org
• POET is an innovative, global leader in clean, renewable energy. www.poet.com