Financial Fitness engages members in teaching one another how to earn, spend, save, and protect money wisely. Through FCCLA’s Financial Fitness program, members plan and carry out projects that help them and their peers learn to become wise financial managers and smart consumers. FCCLA members can build their peers’ financial literacy and teach them skills for managing their finances.
- Inform and inspire teens to sharpen their skills in
money management, consumerism, and financial
- Create a national network of young people who
use teen-to-teen communications to share
- Provide teenagers with an opportunity to develop
communication and leadership skills by being peer
Financial Fitness Units
- Earning – sharpen on-the-job financial fitness
- Spending – track and plan personal spending
- Saving – conquer bank accounts, credit, and investments
- Protecting – keep financial and personal interests safe
Financial Fitness developed with support by: Visa Practical Money Skills
FCCLA offers national recognition to chapters that complete Financial Fitness projects. This honor includes
cash awards and special recognition at the National Leadership Conference, online, and in Teen Times magazine for the top chapters. Chapters apply online for
recognition for their hard work and innovative projects with the national Financial Fitness Program Award
Application available on the FCCLA national website under Awards.
Financial Fitness cash awards
High School Award — $1,000
Middle School Award — $1,000
Runner-Up Award — $500
Deadline: Award Applications must be submitted online
by March 2. The online system will automatically close
March 2, 5:00 PM EST.
America Saves, www.americasaves.org/fccla
Budget Challenge, hrblock.budgetchallenge.com
Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy, www.jumpstart.org
Knowledge Matters, www.knowledgematters.com
National Endowment for Financial Education (NEFE), www.nefe.org
Visa USA and Practical Money Skills for Life, www.practicalmoneyskills.com
Project Ideas: Need help brainstorming project ideas?
- Think it through with the FCCLA Planning Process Template
- Participate in the FCCLA/Knowledge Matters Virtual Business Challenge
- Explore the following STAR Events:
- Career Investigation
- Focus On Children
- Hospitality, Tourism and Recreation
- Illustrated Talk
- Job Interview
- Life Event Planning
- OR Check out the unique resources offered by FCCLA’s partners below!