Through Families First, members gain a better understanding of how families work and learn skills to become strong family members.
The goals are to:
help members become strong family members and leaders for today and tomorrow
strengthen the family as the basic unit of society.
For more information: https://fcclainc.org/engage/national-programs
Families First Units
- Families Today – understand and celebrate families
- You-Me-Us – strengthen family relationships
- Meet the Challenge – overcome obstacles together
- Balancing Family and Career – manage multiple responsibilities
- Parent Practice – learn to nurture children
FCCLA offers national recognition to chapters that complete Families First projects. This honor includes cash awards and special recognition at the National Leadership Conference, online, and in Teen Times magazine for the top chapters. Chapters apply online for recognition for their hard work and innovative projects with the national Families First Program Award
Application available on the FCCLA national website under Awards.
Families First cash awards
High School Award — $1,000
Middle School Award — $1,000
Runner-Up Award — $500
Deadline: Award Applications must be submitted
online by March 2. The online award system will
automatically close March 2, 5:00 PM EST.
National Family Week, www.nationalfamilyweek.org
• NRTA: AARP’s Educator Community, www.aarp.org/
• Family Dinner Project, www.familydinnerproject.org